Monday 12 December 2011

Grounded

So the final project is here. The initial idea for this film came from a series of stimulus. I had always intended to produce a final piece based heavily on music, and while watching the coverage of Glastonbury 2011, Coldplay’s ‘Everything’s Not Lost’ was played. The chorus of this song especially stood out to me, and thought it’d make good music to fall to (If such a scenario ever came up!)
This reminded me of to several other things I had seen recently. Primarily an amazing account of a World War Two bomber gunner that was shot from his gunner turret. He fell 12,000 feet without a parachute. He survived the fall after falling through pine trees and landing in soft snow. His account  describes the transition of thoughts as he falls. He states that after the acceptance of death, the fall was the most peaceful he had ever been, alone in his own little world, away from the war surrounding him.  

I had originality decided to give it a modern twist, however following tutorials will now take it back to the World War Two era. This also gave me a chance to get back to modeling and build a Spitfire! (To Follow Shortly)

This is the initial (Unfinished) animatic i put together over summer, so still includes the modern day items. Also, despite the inspiration from Coldplay, i decided to use a song by Barcelona, called 'Please Don't Go.'  The lyrics seemed more relevant, and after emailing them, they were happy for me to use the piece. 


Over the next few days I aim to put together a revised animatic, with slightly better timing so that i'm fully aware of the mammoth task that's ahead of me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment